GC Genealogy Presentation (JPG)
Reading Room 2018 (JPG)
Researcher during 2018 Greene County History Week (JPG)
Staff and visitors at 2018 Greene County History Week (JPG)
1855 Map of Greene County (JPG)
The mission of the Greene County Records Center and Archives is to advise and assist all county offices with the proper management of records throughout their lifecycle and ensure that they are maintained and legally disposed of pursuant to Ohio’s records laws. The Records Center and Archives also serves the public by protecting, preserving, and providing access to public records that document the history of Greene County.
In this vein, the Greene County Records Center and Archives will:
- Identify, collect, appraise, organize, and preserve records with historical and/or evidential value, in all formats, as created by the elected officials, administrators, and employees of Greene County;
- Provide Greene County Offices with an environmentally sound and secure storage location for inactive records with historical and/or evidential value;
- Provide Greene County Offices with professional and knowledgeable records management services;
- Provide our patrons, both internal and public, with prompt responses to administrative and research requests;
- Provide programs, resources, and outreach activities to increase public awareness about the value of the public records that we preserve;
The Archives also commits to ensuring the availability and accessibility of those public records entrusted to it for the use of both present and future generations of Greene County residents.
Pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code 149.38, Greene County has an established Records Commission that is responsible for providing the rules for retention and disposal of all county records. The Greene County Records Commission meets twice a year and all meetings are open to the public. Minutes from past Records Commission meetings are available through our ArchiveCenter. The most up-to-date retention schedules have been approved by the Records Commission, the Ohio History Connection, and the State Auditor.
Discover county records of historical importance
View online resources for various indexes and records
Links to additional family history resources
View and search our collection of online maps
Submit an online request for records
Guidelines for using the Archive Center
|Educator Resources |
Find educational resources and programs available
Access student resources and activities