- Old Stage Rd. Bridge replacement
Old Stage Rd. Bridge replacement
OLD STAGE BRIDGE REPLACEMENT
This project is to replace the superstructure of Old Stage Road bridge.
The Old Stage Road bridge is located 3/4 mile north of Mt. Holly Road in Spring Valley Township, passing over Bear Run.
The Old Stage Road bridge is currently rated at a 3 and has been closed since 2015.
This project consists of replacement of the superstructure with a galvanized steel plate girder with a composite concrete deck (not fracture critical) with minimal approach work.
The 140 foot long Old Stage Road bridge was built in 2000 but closed in 2015 due to its poor condition. It was built as a single span weathering steel truss (fracture critical) bridge.
The County Engineer holds paramount the safety, health, and welfare of the public.
- The emergency response time by fire and emergency services is greatly affected by this closure.
- The school routes for buses is greatly affected by this closure.
- The existing bridge superstructure is failing and needs removed and replaced.
SUCCESSFUL FUNDING TIMELINE
- Construction cost estimate is $1.545 million
- 100% funding for engineering and construction has been obtained through the County Engineer Bridge Formula Program
Bridge Formula Program Application PDF
Bridge Formula Program Acceptance Letter PDF
Authorized Design Consultant 10/1/2022
Stage 2 Plans Submitted 3/1/2023
Environmental Document Approved 3/17/2023
Stage 2 Plans Complete 03/31/2023
R/W Authorized 4/3/2023
R/W Acquisition Complete 10/2/2023
Final Tracings Approved 10/13/2023
Estimated Begin Construction 3/15/2024
Estimated End Construction 10/10/2025