- Recording Preparation
Preventing Recording DelaysWe regret that we cannot add or make corrections to your documents, even at your request. So, we hope that by keeping you informed of the most common document preparation errors, you will be able to catch any problems before you submit documents for recording. Please refer to our general document preparation page or our conveyance preparation page for more information about recording documents in Greene County.
If your document does not meet the requirements, it will be rejected and returned without being recorded. Below is a brief list of common reasons our office must reject a recording:
- Payment is incorrect
- Copies instead of originals - will only record original instrument with original signatures
- Volume and page reference is missing or incomplete
- Document does not comply with Ohio Document Standardization Guidelines. Refer to our document format requirements page for more information
- Parcel identification number is not listed or incomplete
- Legal description is incomplete or missing
- Needs notary and/or notary clause
- Signature or signatures incomplete
- Did not enclose self-addressed, stamped envelope or postage fee
Please include a cover page specifying recording instructions and telephone contact information with all recordings sent through the mail or by UPS or FedEx. The cover page is for informational purposes only and will not be recorded with the documents.