OhioMeansJobs Greene County   

Please contact us (by phone, e-mail, mail, or fax) before coming to the agency to see if you can be served remotely.  If you cannot be served remotely, an appointment may be scheduled.  Visitors will be required to follow agency safety protocols (symptom self-assessment, distancing, face coverings, etc.) to ensure the well-being of all visitors and employees.

To apply for Medicaid, call 1-844-640-6446 or apply on-line at www.benefits.ohio.gov.
To apply for Food or Cash Assistance, apply on-line at www.benefits.ohio.gov.

The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services urges individuals to file their claims online, if possible, at www.unemployment.ohio.gov.

Helpful FAQ sheets:

General Information – www.jfs.ohio.gov/unemp_comp_faq/index.stm

Coronavirus-Specific Information – www.jfs.ohio.gov/ouio/CoronavirusAndUI.stm

Ohioans without computer access should call 1-877-644-6562 (OHIO-JOB).

Extended Call Center Hours – Those without internet access or who have case-specific questions can call 1-877-644-6562 (OHIO-JOB) from 7am – 7pm weekdays and 9am – 1pm on Saturdays.

Coronvirus-Related Claims – Workers who lose their jobs as a result of the coronavirus can enter the mass-layoff number 2000180 on their applications.  However, if affected individuals have already submitted claims without this number, they do not need to add it.

The OhioMeansJobs Greene County offers a variety of services to people seeking employment. We offer assistance with job hunting, interviewing, career counseling, training, and other supports to help you get and keep a job.

Business customers can receive services such as:
  • Employee assessments
  • Job posting
  • Layoff aversion
  • Mass recruitment
  • Opportunities for job fairs
  • Pre-screening
  • Rapid response
  • Various training options

How do I file a discrimination complaint?

If you believe that you have been denied or delayed services for which you are eligible because of your race, color, national origin, religion, gender, political affiliation or belief (food assistance only), disability, age, or citizenship (WIOA), you must file your complaint within six months of the date on which the incident or treatment happened. To file a discrimination complaint, or if you need assistance filing your complaint(s), please contact the Bureau of Civil Rights at:

The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
Office of Employee and Business Services
Bureau of Civil Rights
30 East Broad Street, 30th floor
Columbus, OH 43215
Telephone: (614) 644-2703 or toll-free 1-866-227-6353
TTY hearing impaired: 1-866-221-6700
Fax: (614) 752-6381
  1. Calendar of Events